Thursday, January 23, 2003

Greg's graduation gift of Devo and Clash CDs hit the mark with astounding accuracy. I popped Devo on the CD player while cooking dinner, and as soon as we finished eating, Rick picked up his old Epiphone and started rockin' out with the Mothersbaugh boys. Also brought back memories of a bunch of us drinking beer in our friend Jim's Boston apartment the night (late '78, I think) that Devo first appeared on SNL. All but two of us sneered. Bret and I looked at each other, tipsy and delighted, and started yelling, "We've seen the 80s!"

Rick's parents were married 50 years ago today. The celebration is this weekend; I'm hoping that Gladys and I can get through it without incident. I'm not allowed any aspirin or other NSAIDs until after my laparoscopy; crappy timing if you ask me. We'll see if those stupid Tylenol ads are worth the bandwidth they clog up. (If all else fails, there's always Vicodin.) I don't exactly feel like dancing, but maybe a trip to Indianapolis for two parties this weekend will be better than what the doctor ordered.

On a lighter note: No hair dryer is ever left behind in our house. I've recently been using an old one that Rick brought to the marriage, and finally thought to look at the model name imprinted on it. Turns out that this oversized, noisy, hot-air-blowing device is called the Senator. There's nothing like truth in advertising ....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home