Sunday, December 14, 2003

The capture of Saddam Hussein should lead to a fairly predictable fork in the road. If, as often claimed in print, the surreptitious attacks on U.S. and allied troops in Iraq are perpetrated by Hussein supporters (if not masterminded by the old bastard himself), they should diminish. If they are a response by ordinary but angry Iraqis to what seems to be an indefinite occupation by foreigners, they will probably not subside at all.

On a more personal note: As of today, I've had a Ph.D. for exactly one year. I'm celebrating by turning in my grades for what I hope will be my last teaching assignment for a few years. I'm also looking forward to my upcoming "mini-postdoc" at Michigan State next semester. After that -- well, personally as well as globally, it's a matter of living in interesting times.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home