Saturday, January 10, 2004

I finally started my four-month "mini-postdoc" here yesterday. It's been an incredible energy boost to have a job again. I'm also looking forward to Cathy's mentorship on all things related to ant ecology (as well as other aspects of life, the universe, and everything as they relate to the experiences of a woman in entomology). I'll be making the drive to MSU about twice a week and telecommuting the rest of the time; we're planning to be flexible given that this is the season of the dreaded Lake Effect.

In fact, I've had so much energy that, with Rick's help, I spent about three hours organizing my work room at home today. To give some perspective on how entrenched our house junk is: I recycled printouts of old e-mail messages from the 1992 incarnation of the Western Michigan quizbowl team. I'll have to admit that only a small part of the room actually looks neater. However, for the first time in my entire life as a biologist, all of my biology texts, related popular science works, and field guides are not only in the same room but in nearly contiguous bookcases.

It's nice to be able to sit back and -- Uh-oh! Expiring packet deadline extension ....!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home