Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Wish me luck during my second bout with progressive bifocals. The first ones, a couple of years ago, were never quite satisfactory. The new ones seem to be a much better match. Plus, I was able to find plastic frames that are big enough to not only accommodate the lenses, but to look good in combination with my eyes. Southern European ancestry plus childhood hyperthyroidism make one permanently unsuited to the tiny little peeper frames that seem to have become so popular over the last few years. Plus, my newly retired (non-bifocal) glasses were wire-rims with nosepieces that always managed to hurt after an hour, something I've never experienced with plastic frames.

The accompanying prescription sunglasses are pretty cool too. If you ever wondered what a member of the 1980s new-wave crowd would hang on her face to combat both UV and presbyopia twenty years later, watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home