Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Somehow I found this quote from today's St. Louis Post-Dispatch to be very funny out of context:

"Wal-Mart has offered steep discounts on computers in the past, but many lacked operating systems."

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that last night I found, and tossed out, some of my old File Systems homework from Harvard Extension School. In retrospect, File Systems was really the course that made me realize I wasn't cut out to be a programmer. I liked my instructor, and eventually did well in the course (I'm pretty sure I got at least a B+), but the overall struggle-to-pleasure ratio was not favorable. I probably should have kept at least one bagged specimen, but if the time elapsed between this re-read and the next matched the previous interval, I'll be 64 when I look at it again, and I prefer to think that at that point in my life I'll have more interesting things to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home