Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Nothing heavy today. That may come later.

Minor amusing anecdote: Longtime movie crank that I claim to be, I still asked for, and got, a Netflix subscription for my recent birthday. First movie I picked was this one. I'm glad to report that Rick and I now have a movie in common. In fact, we had exactly the same impression of this one -- specifically, that we were so bored that we lasted 20 minutes before flipping through the rest of the DVD trying to find something interesting. When we failed in that task, we just put the DVD back in the mailing envelope, parked it in the mailbox, and put on an old Futurama tape instead. I think I'm actually going to like Netflix.



2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which email address do you use for Netflix? I'd like to add you to my Friends list there :-)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I liked Bill Murray in Broken Flowers. And I don't mind under-acting - in that movie, he was supposed to play a depressed guy who had been stewing in his own apathy for too long. In fact, the plot didn't offer any quick fixes to his apathy, which I thought was realistic. However, one didn't get the impression that the filmmaker was apathetic, which is something very different.

I tried to write this review, which Netflix's interface promptly ate: "Mailed-in scriptwriting, mailed-in acting, and after 20 minutes of trying to watch this film, we packed up the DVD and mailed it in."

(Kristin, just use my MIT e-mail to add me to the friends list if you like!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home