Sunday, February 26, 2006

Solutions to song quiz:

I’ll list two songs that have one song between them in alphabetical order in my iTunes library, followed by the name of the artist who performed the mystery song. Your job is to guess the missing titles. (Yes, they’re heavily, but not entirely, skewed in the pre-1990 direction.)

1. Between: “Hotel California” (Eagles)
and: ”I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow” (Soggy Bottom Boys)
Hyperactive (Thomas Dolby) -- JQ

2. Between: “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” (Green Day)
and: “Bullet in the Head” (Rage Against the Machine)
Breed (Nirvana) -- Anonymous

3. Between: “Raised on Robbery” (Joni Mitchell)
and: “Real Life” (Simple Minds)
Reach the Beach (The Fixx) -- Mark

4. Between: “I Have the Touch” (Peter Gabriel)
and: “I Love You (Miss Robot)” (Buggles)
I Love a Man In a Uniform (Gang of Four) -- Greg

5. Between: “Stick it Out” (Rush)
and: “Strobe Light” (B-52s)
Streets of Philadelphia (Bruce Springsteen) -- Joe

6. Between: “Through Being Cool” (Devo)
and: “Tongue Tied” (cast of Red Dwarf)
Tommy the Cat (Primus)

7. Between: “When Things go Wrong” (Robin Lane and the Chartbusters)
and: “White Rabbit” (Jefferson Airplane)
White Punks on Dope (The Tubes) -- Greg

8. Between: “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” (Beatles)
and: “I’m the Slime” (Frank Zappa)
I Will Follow (U2) -- Phil

9. Between: “Famous and Dandy” (Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy)
and: “Fifty Mission Cap” (Tragically Hip)
FCC Song (Eric Idle)

10. Between: “You Haven’t Done Nothin’” (Stevie Wonder)
and: “Zorak’s Blues” (cast of Space Ghost)
Zamboni Song (Gear Daddies) -- Greg

6 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Joe said...

5 has a "Streets of Philadelphia" feel to it.

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. 1 has to be Hyperactive.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

8. is I Will Follow

Phil Castagna

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Mark said...

I'm guessing that #3 is "Reach the Beach."

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Greg said...

4 I Love A Man In A Uniform
7 - White Punks on Dope
10 - Zamboni Song!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breed for Nirvana

Phil

 

Post a Comment

<< Home