Wednesday, March 29, 2006

There's been a request in the comments line for my rum punch recipe. As soon as I'd posted the reference to it, I looked for the recipe on my hard drive and realized I'd managed to mislay it somewhere. However, I'll try to reconstruct it from memory. This should be at least close.

Mi Dushi ("My Sweet") Punch:

For each serving, mix:

3 to 4 oz. orange juice
3 to 4 oz. pineapple juice
1 generous jigger of white or gold rum
Half a jigger of orange curaçao liqueur
Half a jigger of peach brandy
Juice of a lime wedge
A few drops of grenadine (if you want it pink)

Shake or stir it up well and serve over ice. It's easy to make this by the pitcher if you're either sociable or very thirsty.

I haven't tried it with other ingredients, but if you don't have orange curaçao on hand, you can probably substitute a different orange liqueur. Ditto for other similar fruit-flavored liqueurs in place of the peach brandy. If you try any variations, let me know how it works out.

And, of course, drink responsibly -- not while climbing around in the rigging of a sailboat, like I did. :-)

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Allyson said...

Thanks Julie! I may need to take a trip to my locak packie and pick up some ingredients.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home