Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The latest blogmeme via Eric Bell:

Fill this out about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the better.

1. Who was your best friend?:

Heidi. Or maybe Diana or Linda.


2. What sports did you play?

Just quizbowl. Athletics were definitely not my thing when I was that age. I do regret not going out for field hockey, the only team sport I ever enjoyed in gym class.


3. What kind of car did you drive?:

I really didn’t drive much. I think we had a dark green AMC Hornet Sportabout at the time.


4. It's Friday night, where were you at?:

Probably home watching TV with Mom and Dad. I’d rather have been doing something more exciting, but there you are.


5. Were you a party animal?:

Nope, although I caught up a little bit in college.


6. Were you a considered a flirt?:

Never learned how.


7. Ever skip school?:

Just once, with Heidi, on senior skip day. Nerds that we were, we went to the library!


8. Were you a nerd?

See #7!


9. Did you get suspended/expelled?

No.


10. Can you sing the fight song?:

No. Never learned the words. I was too busy memorizing the lyrics to all of the songs on Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.


11. Who was your favorite teacher?:

There were quite a few, in a variety of subjects. Senior year, probably my advanced-biology teacher, Mr. Kramer.


12. Favorite class?:

Advanced biology.


13. What was your school's full name?:

Enfield High School.


14. School mascot?:

The Raider. It was an Indian mascot, and I hope they’ve since retired him in favor of a mascot that’s not an ethnic stereotype. I’m not holding my breath, though.


15. Did you go to Prom?:

We had three proms a year, which means nine took place during my attendance at Enfield and three when I was a senior. Impressively, I didn’t go to a single one.


16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?:

Well, let’s see. If you could go back to that time when you accidentally slammed your hand in your dresser drawer and it really, really hurt, and you could do it again, would you?

(Actually, I’d do one part of it over. I’d take the time to apply to colleges with good entomology or organismal-biology programs.)


17. What do you remember most about graduation?:

High-fiving my friend Dayle as we left the gym to walk down the big hill behind the school for the procession.


18. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?:

Going to the Class Night dinner, which was actually kind of fun.


19. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?:

I don’t think we had a senior wall.


20. Did you have a job your senior year?:

No.


21. Where did you go most often for lunch?:

Just to the cafeteria. Sometimes I brought lunch, other times I bought it.


22. Have you gained weight since then?:

Unfortunately, yes.


23. What did you do after graduation?:

We all got together at a friend’s house, had snacks and soda, and talked late into the night.


24. When did you graduate?:

1974.


25. Where are most of your classmates?:

All over the place. Once in a great while some of us find one another on the Internet.


26. Reunions?

I went to my 15th, and doubt I’ll go to another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home