Sunday, August 27, 2006

In those occasionally obligatory mall situations, I used to like to shop here. For one thing, they always carried clothes that actually fit me. I'm becoming less and less fond of the place, especially of the store at our local mall. The petites department seems to have shrunk, the store has downsized their dressing rooms (leading to occasional half-hour waits in line), and all checkouts get funneled through backed-up "customer service" desks that also contribute to long lines. (I can understand not wanting to keep a dozen extra checkouts open. But it's the first department store I've ever been in where the jewelry clerks, who already have their own register and staff, won't check you out if what you're buying is not jewelry.)

In short, the place is clearly dumping more and more work onto fewer and fewer people, probably in hopes that more of its business can be done online or through phone orders. In fact, many of the clothes I used to reliably buy there are now only available online. So, when I found myself having to shop there today, and was crammed into a long line at one of the customer disservice desks, I began to get more than a little grouchy. Fortunately, I found some unintentional comic relief.

Behind the desk was a promotional banner for this new line of clothing for the teen market. I've managed to screen-capture this logo, which is a bit small, so my apologies if it causes eyestrain:



It definitely cheered me up, to the point where I had a hard time avoiding hysterics while checking out. I'll close with two questions for my readers:

1. Did anyone else besides me mistake the final "u" for an "n"?

2. Buffalo Gals, won't you come out tonight?

2 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Yes, I thought it said bison. That had me cracking up until I hit the link. Oh well.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Knitwear M. Groundhog said...

Even though I know what it says, it's still hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home